Seventh GRADE - PREP
Living as a Disciple of Christ
This Catechist led class for the Seventh grade will meet in-person on a regular basis at the Parish Life Center bi-weekly.
In Seventh Grade PREP includes four units in which middle school students explore the topics of:
Jesus and the Gospel message: unifying themes in Scripture and an in-depth examination of the four Gospels
Personal growth: the origin, dignity, and destiny of the human person
Each of the Seven Sacraments
Prayer: its elements, qualities, and challenges, ways of praying, and Mary and the saints as models of prayer
While it's important for your children to understand the Faith, Spirit of Truth is designed to help them internalize the Faith and apply it to their own lives, providing ample opportunity for them to reflect on how everything they are learning applies to their own lived experience.
PREP 2021/22 - weekly info - 7th grade
Meeting Bi-Weekly at the Parish Life Center
6:00 – 7:30 on Thursdays starting September 30,2021.
Class start time: 6:15
September 30, 2021: First Session - Unit 1, Session 1: Divine Revelation
October 14, 2021: Second Session - Unit 1, Session 2: The Old and the New Testament Tuesday,
October 19, 2021: Special Event - Close of Forty Hours Eucharistic Devotion – All PREP
October 28, 2021: Third Session - Unit 1, Session 3: The Stages of Gospel Formation
[And Overview of Gospels/summary of Session 6-9]
November 11, 2021: Fourth Session – Unit 1, Session 4: The Incarnation
December 2, 2021: Fifth Session: – Unit 1, Session 5: Jesus Life, Passion, Death, and Resurrection
December 7, 2021: Tuesday, Special Event: PREP Advent Confessions (Grades 3 – 8)
Helpful Links -
PREP Forms and Letters:
2021 - 2022 PREP Scope and Sequence
2021 - 2022 PREP Tuition Information
2021 - 2022 PREP Online Registration
School Closing Information:
NBC – Channel 10
KYW – 1060 AM Radio
Our school closing number is 1165.
Parent and Teacher Resources:
COVID-19 Protocols for In-person instruction
Supplemental Take-Home Activities
Teaching the Liturgical Year – Monthly Lessons
Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catechetical Formation
Director of Religious Education:
Dr. Daniel Drain
Sacramental Dates -
First Reconciliation (2nd Grade):
Saturday, February 19, 2022
First Holy Communion Rehearsals (2nd Grade):
Friday, April 22, 2022
6:15 to 8:00 p.m.
Friday, April 29, 2022
6:15 to 8:00 p.m.
Holy Communion (2nd Grade):
Sunday, April 24, 2022
11:00 a.m. Mass
Sunday, May 01, 2022
11:00 a.m. Mass
Confirmation Retreat and Rehearsal (8th Grade):
Saturday, April 30, 2022
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 07, 2022
PREP Sacramental Calendar 2021 - 2022
The PREP calendar is also merged into the main
Please refer to the Sunday bulletin and Parish Calendar for all current dates.
PREP COVID - 19 UPDATE
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
RE: Covid-19 Protocols for Parish Religious Education Programs:
In-person Instruction As the Covid-19 and its variants continue to present challenges, the guidance from federal, state and local authorities varies and is ever-changing. Therefore, in order to avoid confusion, the Office for Catechetical Formation, in consultation with the Office of Catholic Education Covid-19 Task Force, created one, systematic plan for Archdiocesan Parish Religious Education Programs which are returning to in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 academic year.
This plan keeps the protection and safety of our parish children, most of whom are not vaccinated, foremost by mitigating exposure to the Covid-19 virus.
1. Waiver: Each student must have a signed and dated Archdiocesan Covid-19 waiver on file. If a parent/guardian refuses to sign the waiver, the family is offered a home-based catechetical plan.
2. Masks: All adults, teens and children are to be masked before, during an in-person instruction session and at dismissal until safely outdoors.
3. Social Distancing: Desks or seating must be three feet apart.
4. Classroom or Instructional space: • Environment: Keep well ventilated to the greatest extent possible to circulate fresh air; • Seating Charts: Important for Covid-19 tracing if someone tests positive and was present at PREP; • Shared School classrooms: Do not change the desk or other furniture set up.
5. Educational and Hygienic Supplies: The parish or families should provide hand sanitizer and tissues; educational materials such as crayons, markers, paper products, etc. should not be shared.
6. Cleaning and Sanitizing Shared Space: Rooms, bathrooms, high traffic areas and any shared space must be cleaned and sanitized after each PREP session.
For guidance, go to: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
7. Monitoring Student Health: Parents/guardians should monitor their child’s health and not send a sick child to PREP.
8. Tracing and Reporting: If a student or an adult volunteer tests positive for Covid-19 or a variant, immediately contact the local County/City Department of Health for guidance. N.B.: Delaware County is under the state Department of Health.
Please be assured that this plan will be constantly monitored and adjusted if conditions improve or deteriorate. The Directors/Coordinators of Religious Education will be notified of these changes immediately via email.
C: Most Reverend Michael J. Fitzgerald, Rev. Stephen P. DeLacy, Dr. Andrew McLaughlin
videos - 7th grade
PREP Catechist Instructional Videos - 2020/2021
Last Year's PREP videos.